[furt-l] Chailly leaving Amsterdam

  • Rob Sibie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2002
      G'day,

      Chailly recently announced he will leave Amsterdam for Leipzig, a decision I
      applaud, although I hope he won't Deccafy the Gewandhausorchester, but this
      leaves a very good option for the Concertgebouworkest: Christian Thielemann
      who already enjoyed some great moments with the orchestra. His name is being
      mentioned quite often in various newspapers and it would be wise to do so,
      because he also has some affinity with Italian opera, in that sense
      continuing the work of Chailly while returning to more idiomatic Bruckner.

      It would be great to have Van Beethoven well-performed again in Amsterdam
      and DG as recording-engineers.

      Yours in eager anticipation,

      Rob