[furt-l] A Big Day

  • Philip Walsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
      This is Furtwangler's birthday. Presumably, we should all find some
      appropriate way of celebrating. Personally, I plan to listen to the
      Schubert 9th, this evening, followed by some Beethoven or Wagner. (And
      maybe the Schubert 8th for dessert.)

      Happy birthday, Wilhelm, wherever you are.

      Philip Walsh
      Ottawa, Canada

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
        I think Furtwangler would appreciate listening to some o his own music even more. Second Symphony? Piano Quartet?

        Ray
      • Bradleigh Stockwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
          Ray (Rorel@...) wrote:

          > I think Furtwangler would appreciate listening to some o his own music even more. Second Symphony? Piano Quartet?

          Wonderful idea. I've been listening to the wartime recordings all day
          but come dinner time, Diana and I are opting for the Quintet, the
          Concerto (Then-Bergh/Kubelik), the Third Symphony (Sawallisch) and again
          the Adagio from the Concerto (Fischer/Furtwangler). Then a Bruckner
          Fifth to end the day on a loud note. Literally.

          B. Stockwell