Re: [furt-l] Schubert 78 disc

  • oliver.wurl
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2001
      1929

      Mx 861 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ballet Music No. 2 on 66935, 95458
      862 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95458

      1930

      1091/92 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ouverture only on Brunwick 90 147
      1102 1/2 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95418, 95458

      Hope you found the rare one!

      best wishes

      Oliver

      -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: Alan Carrier <alancarrier@...>
      An: furt-l@... <furt-l@...>
      Datum: Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2001 16:14
      Betreff: Re: [furt-l] Schubert 78 disc

      >I have just located the Schubert pieces by WF on Polydor but I do not have
      >the matrix numbers with me, I am away from home for some time now, to
      >determine if this disc is the ever elusive 1929 issue or the oft repeated
      >later version of 1930. Does anyone have the matrix numbers handy and can
      >issue them to the list?
      >
      >Greatly appreciated,
      >Alan Carrier
      >usually of San Francisco
      >but as of late nach Bonn

    • Alan Carrier
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2001
        Thanks for the info. It does appear to be the usual 1930 version, however,
        I have 2 other copies of that issue and I recal the matrix numbers being
        well along in the shellac whereas this version has recorded music right up
        to the label. I can just see under the lable the impression of 1102. When
        I get back to the US I wil have to do a test and see. More than likely it
        is my memory that is faulty. Thanks for the info.

        Alan Carrier
        Bonn

        >From: oliver.wurl@... (oliver.wurl)
        >To: <furt-l@...>
        >Subject: Re: [furt-l] Schubert 78 disc
        >Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:41:23 +0100
        >
        >1929
        >
        >Mx 861 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ballet Music No. 2 on 66935, 95458
        >862 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95458
        >
        >1930
        >
        >1091/92 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ouverture only on Brunwick 90 147
        >1102 1/2 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95418, 95458
        >
        >Hope you found the rare one!
        >
        >best wishes
        >
        >Oliver

      • =?X-UNKNOWN?B?wempybxl?=
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2001
          Dear all,

          Just saw a copy of new DGG Furtwaegler RRG tape boxes on local Tower.
          I checked the copyright on the back of the boxes, it states "1989" and
          "1965" on Till.
          I really doubt that DGG have put effort on remaster them again. Can anyone
          confirm it?
          I have got most of the Japanese EMI-Toshiba new Furtwaengler cds
          transfered from RRG tape, as mater of fact the sound on it is closer to
          Tahra 6 cd-box than the Japanese DGG ones.

          any opinion?

          Joey