RE: [furt-l] Schubert 78 disc

  • Russell W. Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2001
      Alan Carrier writes:

      > I have just located the Schubert pieces by WF on Polydor but I do
      > not have
      > the matrix numbers with me, I am away from home for some time now, to
      > determine if this disc is the ever elusive 1929 issue or the oft repeated
      > later version of 1930. Does anyone have the matrix numbers handy and can
      > issue them to the list?

      I don't have the mx. numbers handy, but the disc should show the "Mechan.
      Copyr." date in the runout. As I understand it, in the absence of Polydor
      ledgers for this period it's only by this date that we would know that one
      matrix was issued in '29 and the other in '30.

      Russell

    • oliver.wurl
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2001
        1929

        Mx 861 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ballet Music No. 2 on 66935, 95458
        862 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95458

        1930

        1091/92 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ouverture only on Brunwick 90 147
        1102 1/2 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95418, 95458

        Hope you found the rare one!

        best wishes

        Oliver

        -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
        Von: Alan Carrier <alancarrier@...>
        An: furt-l@... <furt-l@...>
        Datum: Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2001 16:14
        Betreff: Re: [furt-l] Schubert 78 disc

        >I have just located the Schubert pieces by WF on Polydor but I do not have
        >the matrix numbers with me, I am away from home for some time now, to
        >determine if this disc is the ever elusive 1929 issue or the oft repeated
        >later version of 1930. Does anyone have the matrix numbers handy and can
        >issue them to the list?
        >
        >Greatly appreciated,
        >Alan Carrier
        >usually of San Francisco
        >but as of late nach Bonn

      • Alan Carrier
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2001
          Thanks for the info. It does appear to be the usual 1930 version, however,
          I have 2 other copies of that issue and I recal the matrix numbers being
          well along in the shellac whereas this version has recorded music right up
          to the label. I can just see under the lable the impression of 1102. When
          I get back to the US I wil have to do a test and see. More than likely it
          is my memory that is faulty. Thanks for the info.

          Alan Carrier
          Bonn

          >From: oliver.wurl@... (oliver.wurl)
          >To: <furt-l@...>
          >Subject: Re: [furt-l] Schubert 78 disc
          >Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:41:23 +0100
          >
          >1929
          >
          >Mx 861 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ballet Music No. 2 on 66935, 95458
          >862 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95458
          >
          >1930
          >
          >1091/92 Bi 1 Rosamunde Ouverture only on Brunwick 90 147
          >1102 1/2 Bi 1 Entr'ace No. 3 95418, 95458
          >
          >Hope you found the rare one!
          >
          >best wishes
          >
          >Oliver

        • =?X-UNKNOWN?B?wempybxl?=
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2001
            Dear all,

            Just saw a copy of new DGG Furtwaegler RRG tape boxes on local Tower.
            I checked the copyright on the back of the boxes, it states "1989" and
            "1965" on Till.
            I really doubt that DGG have put effort on remaster them again. Can anyone
            confirm it?
            I have got most of the Japanese EMI-Toshiba new Furtwaengler cds
            transfered from RRG tape, as mater of fact the sound on it is closer to
            Tahra 6 cd-box than the Japanese DGG ones.

            any opinion?

            Joey