[furt-l] Henri Tomasi

  • Mark Moberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Recently I had a chance to hear in concert a performance of one of the Fanfares
      Liturgiques by the twentieth century French composer Henri Tomasi. The
      particular piece (one of the five fanfares by Tomasi) was scored for wind
      orchestra and soprano and was a depiction of Christ's procession on his way to
      crucifixion ("Procession Du Vendredi-Saint"). It was an extraordinarily
      powerful work with a beautiful vocal line. I knew little of the composer and
      began looking for recordings of the work. The few recordings listed in the
      Tower and Amazon.com catalogues are all scored for small wind ensemble and, as
      far as I can tell, substitute instrumentation for the solo vocalist. Does
      anyone know of other recordings of this work that retain the soprano soloist?

      Thanks.

      Mark Moberg

    • Jean-Marc BINET
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        Here is what I've got from www.jpc.de
        Classic: Vokalmusik geistlich

        Tomasi,Henri (1901-1971)

        Requiem
        MP, DDD, 97 Disque compact, 8541318 34.95 DM
        Interpr├Ętes/compositeurs:
        "Pour la paix a tous les martyres de la Resistance et a tous ceux qui sont
        morts pour la France" +Fanfares liturgiques
        etre ou ne pas etre Lavogez, Mayeur, Pastor, Henry, Marseille PO, Piquemal
        Hope it helps,
        JMB