Re: [furt-l] BRONZING

  • Erney and Ann S Edwards
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2000
      On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:47:28 -0400 (EDT) Thomas Christopher Schnauber
      <tschnaub@...> writes:

      > A wjile back, the subject of CD bronzing came up. SOmeone on the
      listsent out an e-mail address to contact if we had that problem.

      The March/April 2000 edition (Vol. 63, No.2) of the magazine American
      Record Guide has its latest update (third ?) on the subject of CD
      corrosion in an article on pp. 301-302. It lists the CD's that are known
      to be affected by label and catalog number. According to the author, Ms.
      Burns has recently retired and it is unclear whether her e-mail address
      is still being used to handle replacements. Unless someone else on the
      list comes up with something else, I'd still give it a try, though.

      My experience with obtaining replacements was positive, as I was able to
      obtain new copies of about a dozen defective CD's this way. However,
      this was over a year ago and may not reflect the current situation. All
      I did was e-mail the label/catalog number and title to Ms. Burns. The
      replacements were shipped within about a month (CD's only--no notes or
      plastic boxes). No returns were required.

      If you can't find a copy of the ARG at your local music store, you should
      be able to order one from the publisher. The address is: American
      Record Guide, 4412 Braddock St,
      Cincinnati, OH 45204, phone 513-941-1116.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,

      Erney Edwards

    • martin richard
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2000
        I have a cheaper solution. JUst ask to people on the furt-l to make for you
        a CD-r of it, In exchange of another copy of a great recording you can have.

        Regards,
        Martin