Re: [furt-l] Noff vs. Nov

  • Bradleigh Stockwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999
      Buried within a posting, Mr. Boyd Pomeroy wrote:

      > But come to think of it, I like
      > Rachmaninov even more.

      I hate to nit-pick and get all finicky (which means I am about to do
      just those things), but although "RachmaniNOV" seems more authentic and
      Russian, he used the "NOFF" spelling. He really did. I've seen
      facsimiles of his signature as well as autographs. He signed hinself as
      "Rachmaninoff." Otherwise, Happy Halloween to one and all.

      Bradleigh Stockwell