Re: [furt-l] In-Reply-To: <003801be7e5a$862e72e0$85ccfea9@c64405-a>

  • samir ghiocel golescu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 1999
      I stretched enough my 1st April joke, so a couple of serious questions:

      what do you know about Frau Elisabeth F? I always liked her book, sincere
      and still decent (I don't miss the "dirty" confessions about F's
      mistresses etc.)I didn't hear anything about her since 1992 or so.

      for Mr. Cathey: how does the Weingartner tres ancient acoustic Pathetique
      (excerpts?) stand a listening (I didn't yet)

      for Mo. Ponzetto: I know Jochum wanted to conduct F's E Minor (second)
      Symph. with BPO and Karajan didn't let him... Did Jochum recorded the
      piece somewhere else
      the Romanian Radio archive carries a tape with Menuhin
      conducting one of Furtwangler's symphonies, also the Second I presume
      still Furtwangler's own versions (4, I think) will
      remain the best, of course
      sorry for the joke -- it's good to fructify every
      opportunity for laughing, laughing is a divine gift, especially in hard
      times
      I would say that Koussevitzky's Missa Solemnis makes an
      interesting listening (1938, live Pearl), even if it is not accomplished
      at all levels (especially soloists and, in places, balances)
      regards,
      SG