1Network effect basics

  • durantjud
    Oct 25, 2008
      I may not be able to recite Ohm's law but Marketing and communication I
      understand. Although I am sure I have read about the "network effect"
      hundreds of times, it was not until one book gave a simple example.
      Imagine a simple fax machine. By itself, it is useless. Imagine two
      fax machines, now at a minimum two devices can communicate. Imagine
      100. Now how many machines are connected?

      Same thing is true with email and groups. I will cite the book when I
      find it. So, this GROUP created for the the Hopkinton Funnel Heads
      will only be as useful as we have "fax machines" so please spread by
      email or word of mouth this new site to any and all interested folks
      and we'll see how it goes.

      Once we get everyone connected we can be more productive in
      coordinating efforts. Welcome aboard. Maybe somone else has the
      ability and time to taket this to the next level by using a more robust
      platform like wetpaint but for now we will keep it simple.

      Mr. Jud
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic