getting to fulldome.org

  • Benjamin Stanley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
      Hi Guys

      I've at long last managed to get through to www.fulldome.org, but
      only via a columbian web proxy.

      It would appear that the server hosting fulldome.org has something
      against UK public IP addresses, see list of people's responses below.
      It seems to be fine from UK educational institutions.

      Please, please, please can you have a look at this, the web via
      columbia is not so speedy!!

      Cheers
      B.

      Works fine from a Legend SDSL Line.
      works from Manchester JA.net
      just a 403 from here - Entanet
      Works fine from an NTL dia circuit.
      Forbidden - sentral systems
      Forbidden here on a Zen ADSL line.
      Works OK from here (on an NTL cable line)
      403 Forbidden from a machine on my home DSL (Zen Internet)
      403 Forbidden from a machine on parents' DSL (Zen Internet)
      403 Forbidden from one of our remote office DSLs (Zen Internet)
      Fine from a machine in le.ac.uk
      Fine from a machine 3 machines in bangor.ac.uk
      I get forbidden on my Zen ADSL
      403 from NetServices ADSL line
      403 from Demon ISDN line
      Fine from BT ADSL.
      Fine from Cambridge Uni's connection.
      Forbidden from Blackcat ADSL.
      Works fine here (on an AAISP ADSL line).
      Fine from Zen's offices.
      Forbidden (403) from Blueyonder (aka Telewest) Cablemodem
      Fine from plus.net ADSL
      403 from 82.219.0.0/16 (AS30740) as far as I can tell.
      OK from Bradford University 143.53.0.0/16
      Fine from Demon DSL, broken from work (Mistral leased line I think).
      Fine from MLNET (AS 31265) IPs.

      --
      Benjamin Stanley - Technical Director - Trilby Multimedia
      Trilby http://trilby.info Weather http://weather.trilby.co.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
        Hi folks - please write me directly about fulldome.org issues instead
        of to this list.

        FYI, I was told by the host provider that there have been numerous
        attacks on fulldome.org (and other sites) from public IP addresses in
        Europe, so certain addresses have been blocked. They're working on
        addressing this now.

        cheers,
        david