Full dome theaters future?

  • Schmidt Mickey Civ 50 TS/CC
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13 3:02 PM
      All,

      I am addressing this letter to this group because I know several people
      produce shows and I am hoping also distribute them as kits. I do not (yet)
      have a full dome system so it doesn't have to include full dome video
      segments. I have been given a sum of money to buy and/or produce
      planetarium show(s). Specifically I am interested in producing with a
      partner a space weather/solar activity program aimed toward their effects on
      earth and space hardware. I am going to be working with Dr. Delores Knipp at
      the Academy and some organizations in Boulder, CO as well. However, I am
      looking for other titles that could deal with ANY academic subject at a
      college or adult level. If you have such programs available please let me
      know. I have a mid May dead line to committ these funds. Remember the
      programs do not have to be astronomy related any topic will be considered.

      Mickey
    • Mark C. Petersen
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 7:48 AM
        At 10:31 AM 04/17/2001, Mickey Schmidt <mickey.schmidt@...> queried:

        >I am
        >looking for other titles that could deal with ANY academic subject at a
        >college or adult level. If you have such programs available please let me
        >know. I have a mid May dead line to committ these funds.

        Hi, Mickey.

        We have two shows you might be interested in.

        Our successor to "The Mars Show" has just been finished. You can find
        information about "Mars Quest" on the Loch Ness Productions Web
        site. Here's the direct URL:

        http://www.lochness.com/shows/mq/mq.html

        Since you have the original 1988 program and its 1995 update, I predict
        you'll be especially interested in the sequel now.

        And while we showed "Oceans In Space" at Texas 2000 last fall, we still
        have a few details to iron out in its ultimate show package form. But it
        will be coming "Real Soon Now". Again, the Web site is the place for details.

        All the best,

        Mark C. Petersen mark@...
        Loch Ness Productions http://www.lochness.com