Fulldome Plugin Compositing Plugin for Immersive Environments
- Fulldome Plugin Compositing Plugin for Immersive Environments
Navegar Foundation is pleased to announce the release of Fulldome, a compositing plugin for immersive environments.
This tool converts the standard rectangular workspace to a spherical workspace. This allows the user to produce content for spherical screens, such as planetarium domes, which can occupy all 180ºx360º of the spectator field of view, or even the entire 360ºx360º.
The workspace in full dome is a projection of the spherical screen, usually a circular one, which may become rectangular when the output master projection is cylindrical.
Fulldome manages all the transformations and projections of the media content (whether video, images or text), which now have their positions referenced in angular coordinates instead of the typical rectangular coordinates.
This plugin also possesses a set of astronomical features, as since potential users will be digital planetarium show producers.
So Fulldome allows the user, if desired, to input a date and location, and from thereon to reference his media contents in astronomical coordinates in the celestial sphere.
Some highlights of its features:
- Several output master projections (Azimuthal Equidistant, Stereographic, Orthographic, Vertical Perspective, Cylindrical Equidistant and Equal Area)
- Several input projections (Azimuthal Equidistant, Aitoff, Hammer-Aitoff, Gnomonic, Stereographic, Orthographic, Vertical Perspective, Cylindrical Equidistant and Equal Area, Panoramic Equidistant and Equal Area)
- Real time interaction
- Astronomical coordinates (layers can be referenced in a local (dome) space or in a global (celestial sphere) space)
- Astronomical algorithms (simulate the movement of the celestial sky for any given date and location)
- Several image orientation options
- All parameters are animated
- Stitching (images or video)
- Hyperdome ready (display from 0º to 180º to 360º in your full dome workspace)
A website is now available, and can be visited at http://fulldomeplugin.multimeios.pt . A demo version of the plugin can be downloaded and also the manual, examples and more detailed explanations. Tutorials will follow soon.
Fulldome Plugin is currently available to Adobe After Effects 6.5, for PC. Future versions for Mac and Autodesk combustion are planned.
The Navegar Foundation Team