WAC schedule

  • Christine Shupla
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      Greetings, all,

      I would like to send WAC attendees the conference schedule; I'm including a text version here as these email services do not support attachments. This may have some quirky formatting that won't appear in print. If you have difficulty reading this, please email me and I will be happy to send it to you.

      <note from Ryan>
      Also, I have placed a copy of the 1.1MB PDF online, for those who are interested:
      http://research.amnh.org/~wyatt/Community/westernAlliance_fullSchedule.pdf
      </note from Ryan>

      =====
      Conference Schedule

      ---

      Tuesday, September 6

      3 - 8 pm Registration table opens at Radisson
      5 - 8 pm Opening Reception at Radisson (light buffet)
      Dinner on your own

      ---

      Wednesday, September 7

      7, 7:30, 7:45 am Bus to Denver Museum of Nature & Science
      7:30 - 9:15 am Continental breakfast served at DMNS
      8 - 11:45 am Registration at DMNS
      8:15 - 9:15 am DMNS Welcome and introductory presentations
      8:15 DMNS welcome, Dan Neafus
      8:30 WAC welcome, Kevin Scott
      8:45 "Producing Professional Presentations," Stephanie Parello
      9:00 "Petersen's Postulations," Mark Petersen

      9:15 am Break

      9:30 to 10:30 Workshop, Adam Barnes & Tony Butterfield
      "HMNS Fulldome Production Techniques"

      9:30 GOTO Optical, Ken Miller
      9:45 Zeiss / Seiler, Volkmar Schorcht
      10:00 Evans & Sutherland, Jeri Panek
      10:15 QuVis, Char Kimball

      10:30 to 11:30 Workshop, Alan Gould
      "Developing Audience Participation Shows"

      10:30 ASH Enterprises, Mark Perkins
      10:45 Geo Graphics Imaging, George Fleanor
      11:00 Konica Minolta, Phil Groce
      11:15 AVI, Joanne Young

      11:30 - 12:30 pm Buses bring conference attendees to Fiske Planetarium - Boulder
      12:30 - 1:30 pm Lunch

      1:30 pm Fiske Planetarium Welcome, Doug Duncan
      1:45 - 3:30 Dome demonstrations

      1:45 Sky-Skan, Stephanie Wilson
      2:45 Loch Ness Productions, Mark & Carolyn Petersen
      3:00 "SkyTellers," Lynn Moroney & Becky Nelson

      3:30 pm break

      4 - 5 pm Dome presentations

      4:00 "Audience Feedback 'Clickers'," Doug Duncan
      4:30 "NASA and Education," Cheri Morrow

      6:00 - 7:30 pm
      Sommers- Bausch
      Observatory tours

      5 - 6 pm Regional meetings
      6 - 7:30 pm Boulder Barbeque (Sponsored by Sky-Skan)
      7:30 - 11 pm Dome presentations

      7:30 "The Invisible Universe," Dr.Erica Ellingson
      8:00 "AMNH Database," Ryan Wyatt
      8:45 The Fulldome Cowboy Astronomer, (Loch Ness)
      9:30 DomeFest (Lodestar Planetarium)
      10:15 Pink Floyd - The Wall (Fiske Planetarium)

      8:00 - 11:30 pm
      Free "Boulder Beer"

      10:30 & 11 pm Bus returns to Radisson Hotel

      ---

      Thursday, September 8

      7 - 9 am Bus loops between hotel and DMNS
      7:30 - 9 am Continental breakfast served at DMNS
      8:45 - 12:15 pm Registration at DMNS
      8 - 9 am Gates Planetarium and Space Odyssey exhibit open for touring
      8 am - 6:30 pm Vendor Area Open
      9 - 10 am Introduction to Gates Planetarium
      9:00 Schedule updates
      9:15 Intro to Gates Planetarium, Dan Neafus
      9:30 Gates Planetarium Systems, Staff
      9:45 Intro to Space Odyssey, Jodi Schoemer

      10 am break

      10:15 to 10:45 Workshop
      SEOS Technology Demonstration

      10:15 Bowen Technovation, Jeff Bowen
      10:30 "Dome-L to Namibia," Danny Rosen
      10:45 "Promoting NASA Missions Through Immersive Planetarium Shows," Carolyn Sumners

      10:45 - 12:00 Workshop, Lynn Moroney & Becky Nelson
      Sky Tellers

      11:00 "Information Inquiry Kiosk," Jack Northrup
      11:15 "Uniview," SCISS
      11:30 SCISS

      11:45 - 1:15 pm lunch at Museum's T-Rex Cafe

      1:15 - 2:15 Workshop
      Timax 3d Audio Demonstration

      1:15 "Report from AMNH," Ray Salva
      1:30 tbd
      1:45 tbd
      2:00 tbd

      2:15 - 2:45 Workshop, Kevin Scott
      "Digital Media in a Live Night Sky"

      2:15 "Point of No Return," Jack Dunn
      2:30 Point of No Return, DVD
      2:45 Point of No Return, DVD

      2:45 pm break
      3 - 4:45 pm Dome presentations

      3:00 "Immersive Visualization," Dan Neafus
      3:15 "Jantar Mantar - the Astronomical Observatories of Jai Singh," Barry Perlus
      3:45 "Precedence Effect Demonstration," Duncan Crudwell
      4:00 "Research Astronomy in Immersive Environments," John Bally & KaChun Yu

      4:45 pm break

      5 - 6:30 pm Dome presentations
      5:00 Starlight Productions, show trailers
      5:15 QuVis, NASA video,
      5:30 Clark Planetarium, show trailers
      5:45 E&S, show trailers
      6:00 SEOS, Martin Howe
      6:15 tbd

      6:30 - 8:15 pm Digital Dinner (Sponsored by SEOS)
      "Choosing a Technology for Fulldome," Alan Caskey

      8:15 to 11:30
      Party in Vendor Area
      Cash Bar

      8:15 - 10 pm Dome presentations
      8:15 AVI Laser Demo, Joanne Young
      8:45 Live Demonstrations
      9:00 Live Demonstrations
      9:15 Quodia live performance

      10 pm - 12 am Bus loops between DMNS and Radisson Hotel

      ---

      Friday, September 9

      7 - 9 am Bus loops between hotel and DMNS
      7:30 - 9:15 am Continental breakfast served at DMNS
      7:30 - 9:45 am Space Odyssey exhibit open for tours
      8 - 9 am Gates Planetarium open for tours
      9 - 11:45 am Vendor Area Open
      9 - 10 am Updates in Gates Planetarium
      9:00 Clips and miscellaneous
      9:30 Welcome and updates

      10:00 - 10:45 Workshop, Scott Huggins and Joyce Towne of Spitz
      "Education in the Digital Planetarium"

      9:45 am Break

      10:00 "Interactive Activities on the Sun," Toshi Komatsu
      10:15 "Using Private Dollars to turn Around School Attendance," David Binnewies
      10:30 "Egypt by the Stars," Donna Pierce
      10:45 "Going Retro With Laser Shows," Karl Von Ahnen

      10:45 - 11:45 Workshop
      "Fulldome Panoramic Photography"

      11:00 "All-Sky Meteor Cameras," Chris Peterson
      11:15 "True Real Time Planetarium," Ian Dyer
      11:30 tbd

      11:45 - 1:30 pm Lunch with Speaker, (Sponsored by Spitz)

      1:15 - 2:15 Workshop, Ryan Wyatt
      "General Relativity 101"

      1:15 - 3 pm Vendor Area Open

      1:15 Quodia Performance & workshop
      2:00 "Audio Perception in 3D," Charlie Morrow
      2:15 "Astro-Poetry," Dan Rosen

      2:15 - 2:45 Workshop
      Timax 3d Audio Demonstration

      2:30 tbd

      2:45 pm Break

      3:15 - 4:15 pm Demo's in Planetarium.
      3:00 "3d Audio Demo." Charlie Morrow
      3:15 "Spitz trailers and News," Scott Huggins
      3:45 "Black Hole Show Production", Jodi Schoemer

      4:15 pm Break

      4:30 - 5:30 pm "Black Hole Flight Simulator," Andrew Hamilton

      6:00 to 11:30
      Cash Bar

      5:30 - 7 pm SGI Demonstrations
      5:30 - 7 pm WAC Meeting
      6 - 7 pm Bar open (cash)
      7 - 9 pm Dinner (Sponsored by Evans & Sutherland)
      9 - 9:45 pm SonicVision
      10:00 - 11pm Live Demo's in Planetarium
      9:00 - 11:30 pm Bus runs between DMNS and Radisson Hotel

      ---

      Saturday, September 10

      9 am - 1:30 pm Fulldome Standards Workshop at Radisson Hotel (Brunch will be served)

      =====
      Christine Shupla
      Manager of Theaters
      Arizona Science Center