billboard filter

  • why_adam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
      Hi all fulldomers ,

      have anybody heard about the adobe after effect billboard filter
      which used in stitching videos to be projected the right way.
    • Brad Thompson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
        Hi,

        The "Billboard Filter" and it's cousin, "PolarBoard Filter" are
        AfterEffects/Combustion plug-ins developed by Spitz. It's not really a
        stitcher... in that it doesn't actually stitch anything together (like
        Glom or Skystitch). The Billboard filter will take a regular old "flat"
        image or video, the kind you might shoot with a camcorder or download from
        the web, and maps it onto a virtual plane in dome coordinates. It doesn't
        make the image "immersive" and it won't fill the whole dome. It just
        makes it project as it was meant to be viewed..... nice, rectangular and
        flat. :-) More info can be found at http://www.spitzinc.com If you are
        looking for actual stitching software, GLOM is freeware and you can get it
        from http://extranet.spitzinc.com along with documentation on how to use
        it and some scripts to integrate it into 3dsMax, if you happen to use that
        tool.

        Brad Thompson - bthompson@...
        Digital Animation & Design - Spitz, Inc.
        http://www.spitzinc.com

        -- "Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep"