Possible discussion topic inclosed

  • J. Scott Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2000
      Ryan Wyatt wrote:
      > Basically, it asks what your affiliation is... Are you workin'
      > for the Man and selling these full-dome systems? Have you made
      > the leap and have a theater chock full o' video projectors?
      > Perhaps you're just thinking about buying? Maybe you're creating
      > content for those of us saps who already made our purchase? Or
      > are you just lurking?

      I just completed the poll and listed us as a non-profit (and are about to take
      possession of). But, "The Man" also expects us to produce programs, possibly
      for distribution. So I guess we will potentially fall under the heading of
      vendor in the future.

      As to revealing one's self, I have no problem with it. But at present, with
      no toy to play with, I simply am in the "see what others are doing for ideas"
      mode.

      For the record, we have purchased Spitz's Immersavision system, with three
      interlaced video projectors, an independent inset video projector, all sky
      slide system, laser, and sound system. We hope to install over the holidays
      and be up and running by February, 2001. If anyone has comments on that
      system, I am still on the learning curve so will take all information, good or
      bad, as well as suggestions of things to be on the lookout for.

      --
      J. Scott Miller, Program Coordinator Scott.Miller@...
      Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium