Small digital dome displays?

  • david mcconville
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Fulldomers,

      I'm working on a proposal for a SIGGRAPH course this year focusing on the
      use of portable and small digital dome displays for education, outreach,
      research, and art ("small" generally meaning domes under 30 feet). Fulldome
      theaters have, for the most part, evolved in the context of planetaria,
      while smaller and portable digital dome displays have grown up on trade
      show floors, simulation & training labs, and art installations. The
      collision of these worlds over the past couple of years have been yielding
      exciting results, so I'm curious to learn how many of you are actively
      using small and portable dome displays for pre-visualization,
      installations/exhibits, travelling theaters, etc.

      The proposed course will focus on both the technical aspects of small dome
      displays (including different projection techniques, software tools, etc),
      as well as topics particular to specific application fields. Please let me
      know if you've got anything interesting going on that you'd like presented.
      If you don't want to respond to the list please write me personally.

      Thanks,
      david

      david mcconville
      http://www.elumenati.com