Re: Capacity

  • Carolyn Home
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
      Steve

      My responses to your questions:

      The camera is from Kodak (14Mpixel) and is available -- try ebay. The
      8mm lens is a bit trickier to find. You have to search a bit.

      The IMAX is sinking without the planetarium's help. We might be
      benefiting from IMAX's woes. The dome is a unique experience -- a large
      flat screen no longer is.

      Using the fisheye camera, you reduce your need for 3D animation
      considerably -- what you're shooting already has the proper aspect
      ratio. Your production of "real" places and scenes and time lapse stuff
      (like sunrises) has now been made much easier. Your staff just needs to
      know AfterEffects or the equivalent. However if you want to show
      dinosaurs and alien worlds, you're back in CG mode.

      We sell a lot of stuff at our box office and it seems to work. You can
      by Museum exhibits, the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit, the Tibet exhibit,
      the Butterfly Center, one or more of 5 IMAX features, and one or more
      of 3 planetarium shows. It's like going to the box office of a
      multi-plex and folks seem to respond. We are not sure if we'd benefit
      from a combination ticket in general. We offer a combination for Dead
      Sea Scrolls and Secrets of the Dead Sea in the planetarium, for
      instance. This definitely drives planetarium traffic.

      Hope this information helps.

      Carolyn