Non-hemispherical domes

  • Matthew Linke
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2014
      Hi all,

      We are entering a new round of discussion on a new dome.  Now the question is to be hemispherical or less--such as  165 or 170 degree dome--not lens.  There appear to be pros and cons to both--big surprise.

      I am interested to know if any of you non-hemispherical folks are within reasonable reach of Michigan.  I would like to explore this more and include seeing content on the domes, as well as hearing what you think.

      I remember, years ago, working at a Meijer's Thrifty Acres store in the pet and garden section.  The biggest decision I had to make was what to bring for lunch that I could eat during my 30 minute lunch break.

      Regards,

      Matt Linke
      --
      Matthew Linke
      Planetarium Director

      University of Michigan Museum of Natural History Planetarium
      Room 4508 Museums
      1109 Geddes Ave.
      Ann Arbor,  MI  48109
      734-647-1381 (voice)