Museum of Science, Boston – free planetarium materials feedback

  • Heather Fairweather
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2014

      Hello! I’m sending this out on behalf of our planetarium director, in hopes that many of you may be able to help us out.

      The production team of the Charles Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Science, Boston is part of a NASA grant that is funding a fulldome show in collaboration with NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. The show focuses on the engineering of unmanned spacecraft, and is designed to strengthen STEM interests, especially among middle school students. In addition to the show, which will be available for purchase, we will also be producing a variety of supplemental materials for planetariums and teachers that will be distributed for free, and we are posting this invitation to provide feedback on the development of these freely-distributed materials.

      We are curious about the interest level in these supplementary materials, both in content and format, from the perspective of planetarians worldwide, and would sincerely appreciate your feedback.  This feedback will directly inform our thinking about and designing of the final product and materials.

      If, after reading this you believe someone else at your institution would be better able to answer these questions, please forward this email to them.

      It should take less than 5 minutes to answer the questions. This link will take you directly there: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R6TWYLM .

      Please excuse any cross-postings, as we’re trying to reach as wide a planetarium audience as possible. If you have any issues accessing or questions about the survey please contact Steven Yalowitz at yalowitz@....

      Thank you very much,

      David G. Rabkin, PhD
      Farinon Director for Current Science and Technology
      Director, Charles Hayden Planetarium
      Museum of Science, Boston