Tips on Cleaning Projector Lens and Optics?

  • omegabyte0
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      I was curious if anyone has tips on cleaning my projector lenses and perhaps a good way to deep clean under the lens and the bulb.

      I have been using a Nikon Lens Pen so far.  It does a good job of getting dust and fingerprints off the lens.  It just recently (10 minutes ago) fell apart on me.  Should I get another Nikon pen or is there a better tool?

      I have been noticing the color vibrancy decreasing on my system as well. That is why I am curious about cleaning all the optics.  Has anyone done this?  Does it help?

      I am running an Evans & Sutherland Digistar 3 system with Projection Design Ceneo30 projectors.

      Thanks for the help!

      Omega S.
    • KDConod
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2013

        I just use a soft brush to brush off dust. If its really dirty I use just a basic microfiber cloth and an alcohol solution.

        Color vibrancy decrease shouldn't be caused by a dirty lens.

        I would talk to E&S - they have tech on staff who service these projectors so you should them a call.

        Kevin Conod
        kdconod@...