Re: [fulldome] Digest Number 1654

  • Alan Gould
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2013
      About Mario Dimaggio' question, "Does anyone know if a fulldome photo or fulldome CGI representation exists of Arizona's Barringer / Meteor Crater?"

      I put one up in the IPS Free Media pages
      http://www.ips-planetarium.org/?page=fulldomestills
      but to be honest, it hasn't been tested on a dome and I don't know how well it works.
      I have zip experience in producing fulldome images.
      [So how dare I put that image up there?!]
      The photo was taken with an iPhone equipped with a fisheye lens.

      BTW, if anyone has free images to give away to the planetarium community, I'm happy to put them up or link to them on the IPS Free Media pages (http://www.ips-planetarium.org/?page=freemedia). For commercial producers, it can be free advertising (with link to your website). In addition to the still images page there is the free movies page
      http://www.ips-planetarium.org/?page=fulldomemasters
      flatscreen material on http://www.ips-planetarium.org/?page=video
      music on http://www.ips-planetarium.org/?page=music

      ---Alan
      ______________________________
      Alan Gould <agould@...>
      International Planetarium Society Webmaster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2015
        Alan,
        Good morning,
        How is your semi-retirement going?

        I'm working on a project that will gather as many masters' theses and doctoral dissertations regarding planetarium use and science education.
        First, does such a database already exist?
        Second, if not, do you know anyone who has written one of these, and would be willing to allow me to add it to those I've already compiled.
        Third, I've already gathered some dissertation and thesis bibliographies.

        Ken Brandt