Fulldome Image / Video of Barringer / Meteor Crater?

  • Mario / Discovery Dome Europe
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2013
      Does anyone know if a fulldome photo or fulldome CGI representation exists of Arizona's Barringer / Meteor Crater?

      Thanks

      Mario
    • Robin Sip
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2013
        Hi Mario,

        Yes we modeled one including the visitor center for the ending of "Dinosaurs@Dusk" I will send you some video footage to look at.

        See the first shot in this teaser:

        also a screenshot of the visitor center in CG:

        --
        Robin Sip

        Mirage3D
        Lekstraat 156
        2515VZ The Hague
        The Netherlands
        +31 70 3457500
        www.mirage3d.eu

      • Chris Anderson
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2013

          Mario:

          I posted a similar request on Dome-L back in February.

          Possible sources:

          George Fleenor (jetson1959@...)

          Derek Demeter (DemeterD@...)

          Tom Kwasnitschka (kwasnitschka@...)

          Theo Wellington (tmwellington@...)

          Cheers,

          Chris Anderson, Coordinator

          Centennial Observatory

          Herrett Center for Arts & Science

          College of Southern Idaho

          Twin Falls, Idaho, USA

          (208) 732-6663

          canderson@...

        • Tom Casey
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2013
            Mario... I have some fisheye images I shot a few years back when I visited there... they are close up images, since they make visiters stay on the trail around the rim's perimeter and obviously you are not "above" the crater without use of a helicopter... I can locate them and post some samples so you can see what they look like.

            Tom

            H o m e  R u n  P i c t u r e s
            Tom Casey
            President & Creative DIrector
            100 First Avenue  Suite 450  Pittsburgh, PA  15222  412-391-8200
          • Tom Kwasnitschka
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2013
              Hi Mario,
              we have time lapse and unstitched panoramic footage but have not cleared the rights.
              Cheers
              Tom

              --
              Dr. Tom Kwasnitschka
              executive associate

              allsky.de
              t. kwasnitschka, w. ermgassen und ges. gbr
              am d��rpsdiek 37
              24109 melsdorf / kiel
              germany

              fon +49 700 allskyde
              fax +49 4340 4192945
              mobile +49 172 8546025
              kwasnitschka@...
              www.allsky.de

            • gjetson1959
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2013
                Mario,

                Yes, we modeled one for our recently released show - FIREFALL. We use it in the opening of the show. You can view it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jslMU3kios8

                If something like this meets your needs, or an expansion on what we did, drop me a note. We might be able to work something out.

                Clear DARK Skies,
                George Fleenor

                GeoGraphics Imaging