Now Available from Loch Ness Productions: "Extrasolar Planets -- discovering new worlds"

  • spacewriter2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2013

      Did you know that one in five stars in our galaxy probably has a planet up to two times the size of Earth in its habitable zone? The search for these and other kinds of planets is uncovering many worlds beyond our own solar system. What are these planets like? Are any of them habitable worlds like Earth? If life developed on our planet, could it arise elsewhere? How can we find those other planets?

      These are the questions that led the team at Albedo Fulldome to create "Extrasolar Planets – discovering new worlds", in cooperation with the Planetarium of the Science Museum "La Caixa".

      "Extrasolar Planets – discovering new worlds" begins with a look at the planets know about: the worlds of our solar system. It then turns our attention to how astronomers find planets around other stars in our region of the galaxy. The multi-year explorations done by the Kepler and COROT spacecraft have contributed a treasure trove of planet-hunting data. Follow-up observations have confirmed the existence of more than 160 exoplanets, and thousands of planet "candidates". At the rate exoplanet discoveries are happening, detecting alien life may no longer be the stuff of science fiction!

      The Holy Grail of exoplanet discovery is to find a planet teeming with life, and maybe even life forms that can communicate with us. Fulldome theaters everywhere can now take audiences on a journey of deep space exploration to these alien extrasolar planets — to discover for themselves what these new worlds might be like.

      Loch Ness Productions is pleased to add this informative new show to our distribution catalog. Read more, watch the trailer in HD, see full-length previews, and order online. Begin your own planetary search, today, at http://www.lochnessproductions.com.

      Carolyn Collins Petersen, CEO
      Loch Ness Productions
      http://www.lochnessproductions.com
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/lochnessproductions