warp on the fly

  • pauldavidbourke
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2013
      It has taken a while but over the last few days I have tested a new solution to on-the-fly warping for spherical mirror systems. Noting of course that this is also applicable to fisheye lens solutions where the fisheye is not in the centre of the dome, or truncated, or if one wishes to correct for fisheye lens non-linearities (a feature of almost all fisheye lens options). The new solution will available for both Mac and MSWindows.

      I am now putting the call out for beta testers. To qualify you need to be an end user, that is, I will preclude commercial distributers. Since there is already a well performing Apple Mac solution (my warpplayer) I am most interested in beta testers for the MSWindows solution. Please email me directly if you would like to participate in the beta testing program.

      Note the warp-on-the-fly solution uses the same mesh warp files as the current Apple Mac solution. It essentially removes the need for pre warping, frankly a "stupid" concept which has only been able to propagate because of the lack of a MSWindow warp-on-the-fly solution.