As many of you know, Digitalis leads development of Nightshade planetarium software. We have been hard at work rewriting Nightshade from scratch to throw off the limitations we inherited from Stellarium. Hopefully many of you downloaded Preview Release 1, which we released in January, 2013.
Digitalis is now proud to announce Preview Release 2 of Nightshade NG (Next Generation) software. Highlights of this release include:
* New license (Nightshade Public License: http://www.nightshadesoftware.org/documents/4
* Higher resolution Mars, Moon, Europa, and Mercury. As far as we can ascertain, this is the first high resolution true color Mercury made available to the public.
* Improved Earth realism with clouds, water reflectance, and night lights.
* Constellation art and lines (in 3D).
* Planet rings.
* Shadows and shadow volume feature (ALT-S)
* Numerous bug fixes
This release is available as a Windows binary package, or it can be built from source on Linux. Download it from: http://www.nightshadesoftware.org/projects/nightshade/files
Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments: Karrie AT DigitalisEducation.com.
Karrie Berglund, Director of Education
Digitalis Education Solutions, Inc.