Imiloa Film Festival - show list, updates, and registration reminder

  • Shawn Laatsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2013
      Aloha All,

      Imiloa has finished its preliminary round of jurying and the following films will be shown during the festival...

      A Planet for Goldilocks

      Awesome Light 3 - 3D

      Cell, Cell, Cell

      Chaos and Order

      Cirque Du Sphere

      Dream to Fly3D

      Dinosaurs at Dusk

      Earthquake: Evidence of a Restless Planet

      Experience Aurora

      Exoplanets: Worlds of Wonder

      Flight Adventures

      Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk 3D

      Lichtmond - Universe of Light

      Moons: Worlds of Mystery

      Perfect Little Planet

      Planet Earth 3D - Expedition Green

      Robot Explorers 3D

      Rusty Rocket's Last Blast

      Space Junk 3D

      Supervolcanoes

      The Girl Who Walked Upside Down

      The Life of Trees

      The Longest Night: A winter's tale

      Tilt

      To Space and Back

      We Are Aliens 3D

      Please note that I am still working on the schedule and there might be some additions. Films submitted to date that are not on this list have the option of being shown in the Showdome portable system during the festival.

      Thank you to our sponsors! We couldn't do it without you and a huge thank you to Sky Skan, Clark Planetarium, Evans and Sutherland, California Academy of Sciences, Showdome, Softmachine/Reef Productions, The Big Island Film Office, and IMERSA.

      Important reminders:

      1) REGISTRATION: Registration is online now and you can pay online with a credit card. Please do register as soon as possible as seats are limited. You can register online directly at http://uhhconferencecenter.com/imiloa-fulldome-film-festival-conference-registration.html [ http://bit.ly/13qzx3O ] or see http://www.imiloahawaii.org/168/iff for more information. Note: August 5 is the deadline to avoid late fees!

      2) HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS: We have a block of rooms for $87 a night at the Sea Side Hotel which is a deal for a room in Hawaii! See http://www.imiloahawaii.org/234/ifff-2013-hotel-accomodations [ http://bit.ly/1281eIi ] for information. Since this is the week after the U.S. Labor Day holiday, I urge you to book your hotel room early to insure availability.

      3) SPONSORS and VENDORS: Please note we need the 130 copies of your materials by August 15th. If you are a sponsor, this is included in your sponsorship, if you are not a sponsor, you may be a vendor sending materials and the $200 fee. (Contact Roxanne Ching - rching@... - to pay by credit card.

      There will be a Sky Skan Digital Sky Academy on September 3 and 4 looking at datasets in the dome. Contact Martin Ratcliffe (Ratcliffe@...) for details and registration info.

      Please register early as we do have limited seating in our dome!

      You can find all of the information about the festival at http://www.imiloahawaii.org/168/iff

      Hope to see you here in Hawaii in September!

      Cheers,

      Shawn

      Shawn Laatsch

      Planetarium Manager