Imiloa Film Festival updates and registration reminder

  • Shawn Laatsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2013
      Aloha All,

      Just a quick update on the Imiloa Fulldome Film Festival things, as time is
      ticking down to the big event September 5-7 of this year! Note there will
      be a Sky Skan Digital Sky Academy on September 3 and 4. Contact Martin
      Ratcliffe (Ratcliffe@...) for details.

      1) REGISTRATION: Registration is online now and you can pay online
      with a credit card. Please do register as soon as possible as seats are
      limited. You can register online directly at
      http://uhhconferencecenter.com/imiloa-fulldome-film-festival-conference-registration.html
      [ http://bit.ly/13qzx3O ] or see http://www.imiloahawaii.org/168/iff for more
      information. Note: August 5 is the deadline to avoid late fees!

      2) HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS: We have a block of rooms for $87 a night at
      the Sea Side Hotel which is a deal for a room in Hawaii! See
      http://www.imiloahawaii.org/234/ifff-2013-hotel-accomodations [ http://bit.ly/1281eIi ] for
      information. Since this is the week after the Labor Day holiday, I urge you
      to book your hotel room early to insure availability.

      3) CONTENT: We have had 39 submission for 25 slots available in our
      schedule. Jurying is continuing and we hope to have the list of films ready
      around July 18 or 19.

      4) Thank you to our sponsors! We couldn't do it without you and a huge
      thank you to Sky Skan for sponsoring the keynote speaker (Chris Ford from
      Pixar) and being the main festival sponsor. Special thank you's to Clark
      Planetarium, Evans and Sutherland, and California Academy of Sciences for
      sponsoring breakfasts and to Showdome and Softmachine/Reef Productions for
      sponsoring lunches! We only have one lunch sponsorship left!

      Please register early as we do have limited seating in our dome!

      You can find all of the information about the festival at
      http://www.imiloahawaii.org/168/iff

      Hope to see you here in Hawaii in September!

      Cheers,

      Shawn

      Shawn Laatsch
      Planetarium Manager