"Comets & Discovery" - Now Available!

  • astrojastn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2013
      Greetings Fellow Planetarians!

      It is with great pride that we announce that "Comets & Discovery" is
      now available for world-wide distribution.

      Please go here for all the details and prices:
      http://www.baysmountain.com/planetarium-productions/

      Please go here for special access to download complete evaluation versions (and trailers) of the show: [ http://bit.ly/12Uo4Jt ]
      http://www.baysmountain.com/planetarium-productions/comets-discovery-full-dome-show-evaluation/

      The show is available in three different formats for full-dome, classic planetaria, and for flat-screened theaters.

      The full-dome show is mastered in 4K. The flat version is mastered in high-def (1920x1080) from the original 3-D master environments. It is NOT a cutout of the dome master. Remember, you can download the unique comet and sun models documents for free from the first link listed above. They describe in detail how to make the models for your planetarium or classroom.

      For questions and lease information, please contact Adam Thanz or myself at the addresses listed below.

      ----------------------------
      Comets & Discovery Description

      We're all a buzz about comets. And true to Bays Mountain fashion,
      we've created an unique show about comets. "Comets &
      Discovery" takes the viewer on a journey of discovery. We follow two
      intrepid comet hunters in first-person. One, a modern explorer. The
      other, Caroline Herschel. The famous 18th century huntress that ruled
      the skies for many generations. With both, we learn how they each
      searched the skies, made their discoveries, and reported them for
      other astronomers to bear out. We also learn about, depending on the
      century of the observer, what people thought comets were and their
      importance to them. We are using green-screen technology, 3-D
      environments, and good ol' fashioned still art. Together with a
      captivating script and sumptuous score, this is a great show for the
      whole family or school group.

      The program also incorporates two live sequences to enhance the learning
      and fun. The first will involve and engage the
      audience to learn more about the parts of a comet, the path a comet
      takes, and the dust and ion tails that splay out in their correct
      directions as the comet orbits the sun. The second sequence will use
      a facility's star projection system and focus on any upcoming comets
      to see in the sky and how to view them.
      ----------------------------

      Thank you,
      Jason Dorfman

      Adam Thanz
      Astronomy & Space Sciences Program Coordinator - Planetarium Director
      Bays Mountain Planetarium
      853 Bays Mountain Park Road
      Kingsport, TN 37660
      (423) 224-2532 - phone
      (423) 224-2589 - fax
      thanz@...

      Jason Dorfman
      Astronomy & Space Sciences Administrator
      (423)245-3176 direct
      (423)229-9447 main
      dorfman@...

      http://www.baysmountain.com/planetarium-productions/

      ~ ~ Bays Mountain Productions ~ ~
      ~ B e y o n d Y o u r I m a g i n a t i o n ~