Re: To-the-floor domes

  • michaelmsmail
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
      Looks like the projectors are hidden behind the dome. Several of the photos show small circular cutouts with a light source shining through.

      Here at the Adler, the 21.6m dome in our Grainger Sky Theater goes all the way to the floor (190°). There is a perimeter kneewall that keeps folks from touching and dirtying up the dome, but when seated, the springline still extends below our guests' heads. Excellent for immersion!

      -Mike

      --
      Mike Smail
      Associate Manager of Theaters