University fulldome operations

  • Michael Magee
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 2:31 PM
      Hi everyone,

      I work at the University of Arizona as Planetarium/Technical Director
      and we are making plans to upgrade to a fulldome digital projection
      system. I am putting together a proposal for the upgrade to submit to
      our development team for potential donors and/or other methods of funding.

      One area I need help with is estimating an operating budget. I have
      costs for the systems from different vendors but I need to know what
      kinds of operating budgets are out there for university/college domes
      within the United States. This would include staffing, maintenance and
      repairs, revenue, marketing, show leases, travel, planned upgrades, etc.
      If any of you work at universities or colleges and would be willing to
      share your numbers with me I would appreciate it greatly. You are
      welcome to contact me off-line at my address listed below.

      Many thanks,
      Michael

      --

      *Michael V. Magee*