New FullDome Award sponsored by the California Academy of Sciences

  • Volkmar Schorcht
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25 6:06 AM
      Dear Fulldomers,

      The Jena FullDome Festival organizers like to draw your attention to a new
      FullDome Award that was kindly sponsored by the California Academy of
      Sciences to honor and encourage Fulldome Show from First Year University
      Students. The new award category applies to students who have enrolled at
      their current university not earlier than 2012. The award is endowed with
      500,00 Euro. Deadline for sending in ALL student shows is April 23, 2013.
      http://www.fulldome-festival.de

      Everybody can support the FullDome Festival. We invite you to take part in
      our crowd funding campaign at:
      http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fulldome-festival-2013
      [ http://bit.ly/ZQdZrB ]

      First Year University Students FullDome Award

      We are most thankful to the California Academy of Sciences for supporting
      this Award. The award wants to honor and encourage the work of students
      who are at the beginning of their university studies but motivated to test
      their fulldome ideas and skills. Students are eligible for this award if
      they have enrolled at their current university no earlier than 2012. The
      general submission guidelines are the same as for everyone else. Deadline
      for sending in the show is April 23rd.

      The California Academy of Sciences is one of the most prestigious science
      centers in the world www.calacademy.org.
      Part of the Academy complex is the Morrison Planetarium, equipped with a
      digital fulldome projection system. The Academy is also producer of
      professional fulldome feature shows, some of which have been presented at
      the Jena Festival. EARTHQUAKE, the most recent production, is expected to
      be shown at the 2013 Festival. In its support of the First Year University
      Students Award, the California Academy of Sciences recognizes the
      importance of honoring talented students and their fresh approach, which
      has always been a key aspect of the Jena FullDome Festival.

      Volkmar Schorcht
      (for the FullDome Festival organizers)
    • Volkmar Schorcht
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
        Dear Fulldomers,

        we like to remind you of the deadline submitting short films, clips and
        student works for the 7th FullDome Festival. Please send your data until
        April 23 (this is next week!) to the Zeiss-Planetarium Jena. Submission
        guidelines are published on our web site (Downloads). There you can
        register your entry on-line: > Festival 2013 > Submission 2013.

        For those coming to Jena we recommend to secure the festival ticket by
        donating just 50 Euro to our crowd funding campaign at:
        http://bit.ly/ZQdZrB

        This donation will allow you to enter all festival events for free. Please
        note: funding will end April 20th! Feel free to become a sponsor with just
        10 Euro or more.

        We are proud to announce seven FullDome Awards endowed with 500 Euro
        (approx. $650) price money to be presented at the FullDome Festival Gala
        on Saturday, June 1st:

        - Creative Award for student contributions (sponsored by ZEISS)
        - Performance Award for student contributions (sponsored by ZEISS)
        - Audience Award for student contributions (sponsored by ZEISS)
        - Most Innovative Use of Technology in Fulldome Production (sponsored by
        Sky-Skan)
        - Best of New Starter - first year university student's show (sponsored by
        the California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco)
        - Best in Emotion (sponsored by Musia Heike Bus, Institute for Aqua
        Wellness)
        - Spatial Sound Wave Award (sponsored by SHURE Distribution)

        As we expect further donations we may even be able to present further
        Awards.

        Don't miss this opportunity to see what's up and around in fulldome! Join
        us in the Jena Planetarium dome and festival lounge (with good German
        beer!).

        For latest news and updates visit us on Facebook:
        http://on.fb.me/Z3rvcC

        Volkmar Schorcht
        (for the Organizers)