Half my fulldome video disappears

  • beeger910
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
      First of all, hello. My name is Brian Martin and I'm the Professor of Digital Design at Pierce College in Washington state, where we have a new 40 foot 2 projector dome (it's a Digistar 5 system.) I teach a 3D software called Lightwave 3D and that has 180 degree lens capabilities so I'm going to have my students next quarter do some fulldome animation that we'll be able to watch on the dome at school.

      SO here's the rub. I rendered out a sequence of frames at 1980X1980 and converted it into the format the E&S dude said to (h.264 mp4.) When testing the animation on the dome as a fulldome video it's only coming out of one projector, playing half of the animation.

      Ya, it seems like a easy fix: turn on your other projector, but it was on and fully functional. Our tech made sure the video was on all of the server drives for both projectors and when we played it as a regular video, it played the entire frame (tested on both projectors.) For fulldome playback it was only showing half the image and was faded out on the edge where the two projectors should have been overlapping. Another weird thing was is was not showing up in the Digistar 5 computer monitor play window when dragged and dropped (though our tech said he's seen that before, which to me says codec issue.)

      Anyone have any idea's? I have a 40 second loop of half a dozen floating donuts waiting for their debut.
    • KDConod
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
        Is this for all fulldome video or just the new sequence you've rendered? Have you tried putting it in MPEG format? (That is Digistars "native" format though it does run others)

        In any case you should put in a ticket though E&S's Support system - that's that fastest way to get some answers.

        Kevin Conod
        kdconod@...