Dinosaurs at Dusk fulldome film final two Months of production.

  • Robin Sip
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
      Dear fulldome users,

      At Mirage3D we entered the last two months of production of our next
      fulldome title : "Dinosaurs at Dusk 3D", a production we started nearly
      three years ago.

      "Dinosaurs at Dusk, the origins of flight", is our biggest production to
      date, it involves extensive green screen recordings combined with very
      detailed virtual sets of jungles, beaches, salt flats, canyons and oceans.

      We travelled the World to obtain source data for creating the sets.

      If you would like to get more information or licensing options for
      "Dinosaurs at Dusk" please contact: Robin Sip.

      "Dinosaurs at Dusk" is a fulldome film that will feel to the audience more
      like a Hollywood movie without compromising the educational information.

      It deals with palentology, biology, astronomy and geology.
      The K/T extinctions will play an important role in the film as well as
      feathered dinosaurs and the ancestry of birds.

      Please follow the last months of this production online:
      <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mirage3D-Studios/136525709696808>

      The teaser of "Dinosaurs at Dusk" can be found here:
      http://vimeo.com/49766486

      Regards

      Robin Sip

      Mirage3D
      Lekstraat 156
      2515VZ The Hague
      The Netherlands
      +31 70 3457500
      www.mirage3d.eu
      <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mirage3D-Studios/136525709696808>
    • Volkmar Schorcht
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
        Dear Fulldomers,

        The Jena FullDome Festival organizers like to draw your attention to a new
        FullDome Award that was kindly sponsored by the California Academy of
        Sciences to honor and encourage Fulldome Show from First Year University
        Students. The new award category applies to students who have enrolled at
        their current university not earlier than 2012. The award is endowed with
        500,00 Euro. Deadline for sending in ALL student shows is April 23, 2013.
        http://www.fulldome-festival.de

        Everybody can support the FullDome Festival. We invite you to take part in
        our crowd funding campaign at:
        http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fulldome-festival-2013
        [ http://bit.ly/ZQdZrB ]

        First Year University Students FullDome Award

        We are most thankful to the California Academy of Sciences for supporting
        this Award. The award wants to honor and encourage the work of students
        who are at the beginning of their university studies but motivated to test
        their fulldome ideas and skills. Students are eligible for this award if
        they have enrolled at their current university no earlier than 2012. The
        general submission guidelines are the same as for everyone else. Deadline
        for sending in the show is April 23rd.

        The California Academy of Sciences is one of the most prestigious science
        centers in the world www.calacademy.org.
        Part of the Academy complex is the Morrison Planetarium, equipped with a
        digital fulldome projection system. The Academy is also producer of
        professional fulldome feature shows, some of which have been presented at
        the Jena Festival. EARTHQUAKE, the most recent production, is expected to
        be shown at the 2013 Festival. In its support of the First Year University
        Students Award, the California Academy of Sciences recognizes the
        importance of honoring talented students and their fresh approach, which
        has always been a key aspect of the Jena FullDome Festival.

        Volkmar Schorcht
        (for the FullDome Festival organizers)
      • Volkmar Schorcht
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
          Dear Fulldomers,

          we like to remind you of the deadline submitting short films, clips and
          student works for the 7th FullDome Festival. Please send your data until
          April 23 (this is next week!) to the Zeiss-Planetarium Jena. Submission
          guidelines are published on our web site (Downloads). There you can
          register your entry on-line: > Festival 2013 > Submission 2013.

          For those coming to Jena we recommend to secure the festival ticket by
          donating just 50 Euro to our crowd funding campaign at:
          http://bit.ly/ZQdZrB

          This donation will allow you to enter all festival events for free. Please
          note: funding will end April 20th! Feel free to become a sponsor with just
          10 Euro or more.

          We are proud to announce seven FullDome Awards endowed with 500 Euro
          (approx. $650) price money to be presented at the FullDome Festival Gala
          on Saturday, June 1st:

          - Creative Award for student contributions (sponsored by ZEISS)
          - Performance Award for student contributions (sponsored by ZEISS)
          - Audience Award for student contributions (sponsored by ZEISS)
          - Most Innovative Use of Technology in Fulldome Production (sponsored by
          Sky-Skan)
          - Best of New Starter - first year university student's show (sponsored by
          the California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco)
          - Best in Emotion (sponsored by Musia Heike Bus, Institute for Aqua
          Wellness)
          - Spatial Sound Wave Award (sponsored by SHURE Distribution)

          As we expect further donations we may even be able to present further
          Awards.

          Don't miss this opportunity to see what's up and around in fulldome! Join
          us in the Jena Planetarium dome and festival lounge (with good German
          beer!).

          For latest news and updates visit us on Facebook:
          http://on.fb.me/Z3rvcC

          Volkmar Schorcht
          (for the Organizers)