Re: Follow up: planetarium at Universities and Colleges

  • Patricia Reiff
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
      Rice University has a 5m Discovery Dome set up in a lab space. Ready to inflate and be ready to go in 10 minutes.
      It is used on campus for education for astronomy classes, courses for teachers, astronomy "open houses" , visiting prospective students, and special events. it will be used this Friday, for example, in support of our Astronomy Open House.

      A second Discovery Dome is "on the road" for outreach - reached over 13,000 in 2012 in 25 events around the world, including aboard ship for the solar eclipse in Australia.

      On Feb 12, 2013, at 9:52 PM, Matthew Linke wrote:

      I want to be well-prepared for the discussions ahead, and I would
      appreciate the following: If you are a University or College planetarium,
      opto-mechanical or digital, I would really like to hear a short description
      of your installation. In a lecture hall, in a classroom, standard install,
      and anything else you can tell me, that would be great. I know a few of
      you.

      Regards,

      Matt Linke
      U-M Museum of Natural History Planetarium