Imiloa Full Dome Film Festival - Sept 5-7, 2013

  • Shawn Laatsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      Aloha Planetarians and Planetarium Content Producers,

      'Imiloa Astronomy Center's is pleased to announce we will be holding our
      second Fulldome Film Festival from September 5-7, 2013. An international
      line-up of 25 new digital planetarium films will be showcased. All entries
      to the festival will be new planetarium fulldome content since October of
      2010.

      The festival is a unique chance for planetarium and museum professionals
      from around the world to preview and evaluate the latest content available
      for digital planetarium theaters. It will showcase a variety of production
      types including CGI, time-lapse photography, and full dome videography.

      Registration is available now and will include 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches,
      with an optional award banquet on Saturday night. See
      http://www.imiloahawaii.org/168/ifff
      for registration, film submission information, and sponsorship
      opportunities. (Note: The secure pdf password is imiloa2013)

      A few notes about content submission:

      1) Only full length shows (20-45 minutes) completed after October 2010 and
      available for distribution will be shown at the festival.

      2) Content to be submitted on self powered (USB) hard drives, NO hard drives
      with power cables will be accepted.

      3) Content to be juried as we only have 25 slots available during the
      festival.

      We hope you will save these dates on your calendar and plan to join us in
      Hilo in September! Please contact me if you have any questions.

      Best regards,

      Shawn

      Shawn Laatsch

      Planetarium Manager
      'Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i
      University of Hawai'i - Hilo
      600 Imiloa Place
      Hilo, HI 96720
      ph: 808-969-9703
      fax: 808-969-9748

      http://www.imiloahawaii.org

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
      attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain
      confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from
      disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their
      agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
      immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and
      any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
      notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or
      its attachments is strictly prohibited.