Re: Full Dome movie information.

  • Mario Di Maggio, DISCOVERY DOME EUROPE
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
      Other good places to look:

      http://on.fb.me/FreeFulldome

      http://on.fb.me/vmuezj

      If you're in the UK, this is coming up:
      http://www.fulldome.org.uk/schedule2012/

      Plus you can always visit / contact these guys for great ideas:
      http://bit.ly/Dome_Club

      Mario
    • marklnp
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
        Hi Alison,

        For a good overview of what's available for fulldome movies, please visit the Loch Ness Productions Web site. There are the titles we've produced:

        http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fulldome_shows.html

        other titles we distribute:

        http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/other_shows.html

        and if we don't offer what you're looking for, we list every other commercially-available show on the market in the LNP Fulldome Show Compendium:

        http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

        with links to the shows' producers and Web pages so you can ask them about their work directly.

        Loch Ness Productions also maintains an online directory of every fulldome theater in the world we know about, the LNP FULLDOME THEATER COMPENDIUM ONLINE!:

        http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html

        We hope all this information is useful!

        All the best,

        >> Mark

        ____________________________________
        Mark C. Petersen, president
        Loch Ness Productions
        http://www.lochnessproductions.com
        ____________ GEODESIUM _____________

        --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, "alisonlhall@..." <alisonlhall@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.

        Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?

        We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

        Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

        Regards,

        Alison Hall
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2012
          > Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
          > Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
          > We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

          A good source of movies is the fulldome data base
          http://www.fddb.org
          Although it seems they are in the middle of a site update.

          My (incomplete) list of licensed shows is as follows, but it always pays to ensure you are talking to as close to the top of the tree in terms of producers, rather than paying middlemen. Also note that show licenses are almost always open to negotiation.
          http://animation.mirage3d.nl/
          http://www.spitzinc.com/fulldome_shows/index.html
          http://www.e-planetarium.com/shows.htm
          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fd_shows.html
          http://www.skyskan.com/Products/fulldomeshows/cont.html
          http://www.es.com/Products/Shows.html
          http://www.rsacosmos.com/index_us.htm
          http://www.softmachine.de/
          http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/index.php?page=trailers

          lochnessproductions also have a good list
          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

          And of course, there is the newly released Dark
          http://darkthemovie.info
        • astrofreak57
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
            Thank you Paul Bourke for posting your list of licensed shows. It made us notice how out-of-date our trailers page was! The webpage you listed for Clark Planetarium trailers now includes *all* of our shows and I'd like to post a recent change to that URL:

            http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/trailers/?page=trailers

            Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly!

            --Mike.

            Mike Murray
            Dome Theatre Programs Manager
            Clark Planetarium