Re: Full Dome movie information.

  • Mike Murray
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
      Conferences and exhibitions:

      http://www.astrofilibresciani.it/Planetari/Internationa_Calendar.htm

      http://www.imersa.org/events

      There are now over 90 producers doing a full spectrum of styles and topics for fulldome. The thing I would recommend is that "fulldome" isn't just a film screen it's an "experience"! It has long demonstrated the ability to go way beyond film - it can be experiential, especially with a good human introduction. Good titles can grab attention but the experience is what brings people back. Do some test screenings with your local audiences to find out what *they* like!

      -Mike.

      ******************************
      Mike Murray
      Dome Theatre Programs Manager
      Clark Planetarium
      Salt Lake City, Utah USA
      mmurray@...<mailto:mmurray@...>
      www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution<http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution>
      385-468-1237
      ******************************

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
        Other good places to look:

        http://on.fb.me/FreeFulldome

        http://on.fb.me/vmuezj

        If you're in the UK, this is coming up:
        http://www.fulldome.org.uk/schedule2012/

        Plus you can always visit / contact these guys for great ideas:
        http://bit.ly/Dome_Club

        Mario
      • marklnp
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
          Hi Alison,

          For a good overview of what's available for fulldome movies, please visit the Loch Ness Productions Web site. There are the titles we've produced:

          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fulldome_shows.html

          other titles we distribute:

          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/other_shows.html

          and if we don't offer what you're looking for, we list every other commercially-available show on the market in the LNP Fulldome Show Compendium:

          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

          with links to the shows' producers and Web pages so you can ask them about their work directly.

          Loch Ness Productions also maintains an online directory of every fulldome theater in the world we know about, the LNP FULLDOME THEATER COMPENDIUM ONLINE!:

          http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html

          We hope all this information is useful!

          All the best,

          >> Mark

          ____________________________________
          Mark C. Petersen, president
          Loch Ness Productions
          http://www.lochnessproductions.com
          ____________ GEODESIUM _____________

          --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, "alisonlhall@..." <alisonlhall@...> wrote:

          Hi all,

          Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.

          Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?

          We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

          Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

          Regards,

          Alison Hall
        • Paul
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2012
            > Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
            > Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
            > We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

            A good source of movies is the fulldome data base
            http://www.fddb.org
            Although it seems they are in the middle of a site update.

            My (incomplete) list of licensed shows is as follows, but it always pays to ensure you are talking to as close to the top of the tree in terms of producers, rather than paying middlemen. Also note that show licenses are almost always open to negotiation.
            http://animation.mirage3d.nl/
            http://www.spitzinc.com/fulldome_shows/index.html
            http://www.e-planetarium.com/shows.htm
            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fd_shows.html
            http://www.skyskan.com/Products/fulldomeshows/cont.html
            http://www.es.com/Products/Shows.html
            http://www.rsacosmos.com/index_us.htm
            http://www.softmachine.de/
            http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/index.php?page=trailers

            lochnessproductions also have a good list
            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

            And of course, there is the newly released Dark
            http://darkthemovie.info
          • astrofreak57
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
              Thank you Paul Bourke for posting your list of licensed shows. It made us notice how out-of-date our trailers page was! The webpage you listed for Clark Planetarium trailers now includes *all* of our shows and I'd like to post a recent change to that URL:

              http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/trailers/?page=trailers

              Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly!

              --Mike.

              Mike Murray
              Dome Theatre Programs Manager
              Clark Planetarium