Re: Full Dome movie information.

  • Shikhar
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
      Hello Alison,

      Please check out our fulldome movie collection:

      http://aayushianimations.com/shows.html

      We have separate educational license available at lower pricing for the theatres, who don’t charge admission fee.

      Regards,
      Shikhar Bhatnagar
      Director
      Aayushi Animation Studio

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
        Conferences and exhibitions:

        http://www.astrofilibresciani.it/Planetari/Internationa_Calendar.htm

        http://www.imersa.org/events

        There are now over 90 producers doing a full spectrum of styles and topics for fulldome. The thing I would recommend is that "fulldome" isn't just a film screen it's an "experience"! It has long demonstrated the ability to go way beyond film - it can be experiential, especially with a good human introduction. Good titles can grab attention but the experience is what brings people back. Do some test screenings with your local audiences to find out what *they* like!

        -Mike.

        ******************************
        Mike Murray
        Dome Theatre Programs Manager
        Clark Planetarium
        Salt Lake City, Utah USA
        mmurray@...<mailto:mmurray@...>
        www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution<http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution>
        385-468-1237
        ******************************

        ________________________________
        Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
        Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
        We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

        Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

        Regards,

        Alison Hall
      • Mario Di Maggio, DISCOVERY DOME EUROPE
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
          Other good places to look:

          http://on.fb.me/FreeFulldome

          http://on.fb.me/vmuezj

          If you're in the UK, this is coming up:
          http://www.fulldome.org.uk/schedule2012/

          Plus you can always visit / contact these guys for great ideas:
          http://bit.ly/Dome_Club

          Mario
        • marklnp
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
            Hi Alison,

            For a good overview of what's available for fulldome movies, please visit the Loch Ness Productions Web site. There are the titles we've produced:

            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fulldome_shows.html

            other titles we distribute:

            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/other_shows.html

            and if we don't offer what you're looking for, we list every other commercially-available show on the market in the LNP Fulldome Show Compendium:

            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

            with links to the shows' producers and Web pages so you can ask them about their work directly.

            Loch Ness Productions also maintains an online directory of every fulldome theater in the world we know about, the LNP FULLDOME THEATER COMPENDIUM ONLINE!:

            http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html

            We hope all this information is useful!

            All the best,

            >> Mark

            ____________________________________
            Mark C. Petersen, president
            Loch Ness Productions
            http://www.lochnessproductions.com
            ____________ GEODESIUM _____________

            --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, "alisonlhall@..." <alisonlhall@...> wrote:

            Hi all,

            Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.

            Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?

            We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

            Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

            Regards,

            Alison Hall
          • Paul
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2012
              > Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
              > Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
              > We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

              A good source of movies is the fulldome data base
              http://www.fddb.org
              Although it seems they are in the middle of a site update.

              My (incomplete) list of licensed shows is as follows, but it always pays to ensure you are talking to as close to the top of the tree in terms of producers, rather than paying middlemen. Also note that show licenses are almost always open to negotiation.
              http://animation.mirage3d.nl/
              http://www.spitzinc.com/fulldome_shows/index.html
              http://www.e-planetarium.com/shows.htm
              http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fd_shows.html
              http://www.skyskan.com/Products/fulldomeshows/cont.html
              http://www.es.com/Products/Shows.html
              http://www.rsacosmos.com/index_us.htm
              http://www.softmachine.de/
              http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/index.php?page=trailers

              lochnessproductions also have a good list
              http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

              And of course, there is the newly released Dark
              http://darkthemovie.info
            • astrofreak57
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
                Thank you Paul Bourke for posting your list of licensed shows. It made us notice how out-of-date our trailers page was! The webpage you listed for Clark Planetarium trailers now includes *all* of our shows and I'd like to post a recent change to that URL:

                http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/trailers/?page=trailers

                Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly!

                --Mike.

                Mike Murray
                Dome Theatre Programs Manager
                Clark Planetarium