Full Dome movie information.

  • alisonlhall@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
      Hi all,

      Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
      Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
      We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

      Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

      Regards,

      Alison Hall
    • Marshall Karp
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
        http://paulbourke.net/dome/
        Probably a good place to start.

        View My LinkedIn Profile

        This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/orproprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entityto which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intendedrecipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notifiedthat any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify thesender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

        To: fulldome@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
          Hello Alison,

          Please check out our fulldome movie collection:

          http://aayushianimations.com/shows.html

          We have separate educational license available at lower pricing for the theatres, who don’t charge admission fee.

          Regards,
          Shikhar Bhatnagar
          Director
          Aayushi Animation Studio

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
            Conferences and exhibitions:

            http://www.astrofilibresciani.it/Planetari/Internationa_Calendar.htm

            http://www.imersa.org/events

            There are now over 90 producers doing a full spectrum of styles and topics for fulldome. The thing I would recommend is that "fulldome" isn't just a film screen it's an "experience"! It has long demonstrated the ability to go way beyond film - it can be experiential, especially with a good human introduction. Good titles can grab attention but the experience is what brings people back. Do some test screenings with your local audiences to find out what *they* like!

            -Mike.

            ******************************
            Mike Murray
            Dome Theatre Programs Manager
            Clark Planetarium
            Salt Lake City, Utah USA
            mmurray@...<mailto:mmurray@...>
            www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution<http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution>
            385-468-1237
            ******************************

            ________________________________
            Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
            Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
            We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

            Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

            Regards,

            Alison Hall
          • Mario Di Maggio, DISCOVERY DOME EUROPE
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
              Other good places to look:

              http://on.fb.me/FreeFulldome

              http://on.fb.me/vmuezj

              If you're in the UK, this is coming up:
              http://www.fulldome.org.uk/schedule2012/

              Plus you can always visit / contact these guys for great ideas:
              http://bit.ly/Dome_Club

              Mario
            • marklnp
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
                Hi Alison,

                For a good overview of what's available for fulldome movies, please visit the Loch Ness Productions Web site. There are the titles we've produced:

                http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fulldome_shows.html

                other titles we distribute:

                http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/other_shows.html

                and if we don't offer what you're looking for, we list every other commercially-available show on the market in the LNP Fulldome Show Compendium:

                http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

                with links to the shows' producers and Web pages so you can ask them about their work directly.

                Loch Ness Productions also maintains an online directory of every fulldome theater in the world we know about, the LNP FULLDOME THEATER COMPENDIUM ONLINE!:

                http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfco/lfco.html

                We hope all this information is useful!

                All the best,

                >> Mark

                ____________________________________
                Mark C. Petersen, president
                Loch Ness Productions
                http://www.lochnessproductions.com
                ____________ GEODESIUM _____________

                --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, "alisonlhall@..." <alisonlhall@...> wrote:

                Hi all,

                Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.

                Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?

                We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

                Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

                Regards,

                Alison Hall
              • Paul
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2012
                  > Would like to gain some information regarding full dome movies. We are new to the scene and a little lost as to where to start.
                  > Are there any conferences or exhibitions coming up that you would recomend?
                  > We are using our dome for private use and have a few movies but as we are not charging admission fees the cost of each movie comes quiet expensive to us. We are interested in building up a collection of titles and they don't need to be the latest releases.

                  A good source of movies is the fulldome data base
                  http://www.fddb.org
                  Although it seems they are in the middle of a site update.

                  My (incomplete) list of licensed shows is as follows, but it always pays to ensure you are talking to as close to the top of the tree in terms of producers, rather than paying middlemen. Also note that show licenses are almost always open to negotiation.
                  http://animation.mirage3d.nl/
                  http://www.spitzinc.com/fulldome_shows/index.html
                  http://www.e-planetarium.com/shows.htm
                  http://www.lochnessproductions.com/shows/fd_shows.html
                  http://www.skyskan.com/Products/fulldomeshows/cont.html
                  http://www.es.com/Products/Shows.html
                  http://www.rsacosmos.com/index_us.htm
                  http://www.softmachine.de/
                  http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/index.php?page=trailers

                  lochnessproductions also have a good list
                  http://www.lochnessproductions.com/lfsc/lfsc_page_pr.html

                  And of course, there is the newly released Dark
                  http://darkthemovie.info
                • astrofreak57
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
                    Thank you Paul Bourke for posting your list of licensed shows. It made us notice how out-of-date our trailers page was! The webpage you listed for Clark Planetarium trailers now includes *all* of our shows and I'd like to post a recent change to that URL:

                    http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/trailers/?page=trailers

                    Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly!

                    --Mike.

                    Mike Murray
                    Dome Theatre Programs Manager
                    Clark Planetarium