Re: GLSL Vertex Shader for Fulldome Fisheye?

  • Ken Scott @ Digital Chaotics
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2012
      Ahh! Good point. Thanks, Paul.

      On 10/6/2012 5:17 AM, pauldavidbourke wrote:

      > So, J-Walt, you're saying I should render five sides of a cube and then map the pixels to the final warped image?

      Remembering of course that 5 faces is a waste, you only need 4. Consider the camera pointing towards an edge of the cube rather than the centre of a face.

      --
      Ken Scott (VJ Chaotic)
      Founder and CEO of Digital Chaotics
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 9, 2012
        Ken, glad the GLSL code example helped.

        The development team originally started down the (partial) cube map
        route and found it completely unworkable for Nightshade 12. Either
        approach can work but there are trade offs to each. Which one works
        best will depend entirely on your particular situation.

        Rob

        --
        Digitalis Education Solutions, Inc. 360.616.8915
        817 Pacific Ave fax 360.616.8917