3D Studio Max Fulldome plug in?

  • Pan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
      Hi,
      Has there been a 3D Studio Max Fulldome camera introduced yet?
      I saw considerable discussion on this list in 08, and nothing since then.
      Thank you,
      John Young
    • Shikhar
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
        Hi John,

        There is no fisheye camera available in the software itself. You can use some mental ray camera lens scripts or 3rd party renderers like Final render or Vray for generating full dome videos. Personally I find Final render plugin quite useful. It is very fast renderer compare to VRay or Mental ray lens shader. Besides it can work very nicely with default max materials rather then using its own shaders.

        You may find a trial version at Cebas website.

        Regards,
        Shikhar Bhatnagar

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
          Hi.
          There is the mostly used stereoscopic shader for Mental Ray from Roberto
          Ziche
          (http://fulldome.ning.com/forum/topics/stereoscopic-domemaster-images)
          and most of the other renders have built-in cameras or shaders (or
          camera modifiers) for fulldome rendering :
          - V-ray has domecamera
          - finalRender has camera setup for fisheye 180° in the render setup dialogue
          - Krakatoa has camera modifier.

          Regards
          Carlos Matias
          http://fulldomeart.com