Landing visualization of Curiosity posted

  • Patricia Reiff
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2012
      Thanks to Anita Sohus and JPL providing the frames, I've made both fisheye and prewarped versions of the landing visualization for museums to use. (4Ks are also available but you're on your own there)

      To get the prewarped 1920x1080:
      http://earth.rice.edu/trailers/1920x1080_prewarped/

      To get the full fisheye 1920x1920 or the truncated fisheye 1920x1200:
      http://earth.rice.edu/trailers/fisheye_trailers/

      then right-click and "Save as" the version you want. All are pretty easy downloads.
      60 frames per second.

      Enjoy the landing! Good luck to our next generation Mars explorer! -
      Only 24 hours to touchdown!

      ^
      / \ Prof. Patricia H. Reiff
      / \ Associate Director for Outreach, Rice Space Institute
      / _^ ^_ \ Rice University MS108, Houston, TX 77251-1892
      / / O O \ \ email: reiff@... (713)348-4634
      / \ V / \ www: http://space.rice.edu/reiff
      | \ ""U"" / | "Why does man want to go to the Moon?
      | _/|\ /|\_ | .. Why does Rice play Texas?"..JFK, Rice Stadium, 1962
      / \ twitter: @PatReiff @DiscoveryDome @TriggerMMS
      facebook: Discovery Dome ; Trigger MMS ; Magnetospheric Multiscale