Sky-Skan at IPS2012

  • Steven T. Savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2012
      Hello Everyone -Sky-Skan will hold presentations in 5 conference venues at IPS next week, including 3 domes. It will be the most extensive and dazzling array of dome products and demonstrations ever seen at an IPS conference.

      In the LASM dome, our sessions will feature a Definiti 8K ultimate performance projection system with amazing detail, color and resolution. We will fly DigitalSky live and present an array of high definition content in 8K/60P native resolution, a trailer for our new show "To Space and Back", Sky-Skan's "Best of Fulldome" reel and other great content.

      Also in the LASM dome with be our Definiti 3D 4K stereo system - watch out for session times for "Wildest Weather in the Solar System" by National Geographic and "Astronaut3D" by NSC Creative.

      In the Dome Village stop by our 14 meter Zendome featuring Definiti 4K high contrast projection system, Cove EX LED Lighting, Definiti Optical with MEGASTAR IIB hybrid and Sky-Skan's manual panel. The Zendome is our main venue for presenting fantastic fulldome shows by well-known producers, accompanied by further DigitalSky demonstrations as well, the Zendome will feature an Iosono Powered Spatial Surround Sound System with JBL components. Pick-up a show and demonstration schedule at any of our locations.

      Also in the Dome Village will be the Interact! Dome showcasing Interact! for Definiti educational modules, ready to go for all your school presentations. Taking you through Interact! will be Toshi Komatsu, Director of Digital Theaters, Lawrence Hall of Science.

      The Sky-Skan booth in the Convention Center will be equipped with two DigitalSky Academy workstations and expert staff to help you drive. Sit back and relax in some new seats from Skeie fully equipped with Sky-Skan interactive as well as "buttkickers" to allow you to feel the music! See for yourself why DigitalSky is the most powerful astronomical engine in the world. During the breaks we'll have great speakers like Dr. Mark Subaru (Chicago), Dr. Tanya Hill (Melbourne), and Dr. Andy Puckett (Alaska) taking you through their presentations using DigitalSky.

      One floor above in Room 10 you will find Sky-Skan's Technical Suite where you can learn about some of the very special and latest developments in our software and hardware. See staff to make an appointment to glimpse the latest tech on the planetarium horizon.

      Looking forward to seeing you in Baton Rouge.

      Warm regards,

      Steve Savage
      President
      Sky-Skan, Inc.