Re: High school student fulldome prodction

  • Dave Pentecost
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
      Sally - We are still constructing our 30 ft planetarium, opening this
      winter, but we have been running classes with teen girls over the last 2
      years, working in a 54 inch "mini-dome authoring system" and using the
      Unity game engine with Paul Bourke's fisheye camera rig. Real-time works
      well for us because the girls can immediately see the results, and we like
      the navigation and gaming possibilities. You can also program the
      navigation and then render out as frames if desired.

      You can see a report, including Unity sketches, at domebase.org. I'm
      speaking about the project at the Games for Change conference here in New
      York in a couple of weeks.

      Cheers
      Dave

      --
      Director, Technology
      Center for Community

      Domebase
      www.domebase.org

      @dpentecost
      Cell 646 704 2021

      --
      Director, Technology
      Center for Community
      http://www.girlsclub.org/building

      Domebase
      www.domebase.org

      @dpentecost
      Cell 646 704 2021

    • Ron Proctor
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2012
        We've had several high school students involved in our open-source shows and a high school student wrote our first fulldome production, The Great Space Race.

        You can see those shows at:
        ottplanetarium.org/productions

        I also have a junior high school student in next week's online Blender class. I can tell you how that works out in a couple of weeks.

        --
        Ron Proctor
        Production Coordinator for Ott Planetarium