Re: Multiple Projector Alignment Options

  • Pete Carss
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2012
      RSA Cosmos put me onto this a few years ago:

      http://orihalcon.jp/projdesigner/

      Pete

      On 19 January 2012 05:11, mwhillyer <squeebee@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking at an application of fulldome projection but want to get the
      > projectors to the perimiter of a dome, I'm looking at several options but I
      > am wondering if anyone has recommendations for software for the alignment,
      > blending and warping of the projectors. Ultimately I want to play 360
      > degree video, so something that supports that is also very desirable.

      > Any recommendations? I'm willing to go multi-computer if there's something
      > that handles slicing the video.
    • Mike Hillyer
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
        Thanks for the info! I notice that this seems to be for alignment, do
        you know how I would feed video to the aligned projectors?

        Mike

        Sent from my mobile device.
      • Glen Moore
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
          Mike

          I am sure you realise that none of this is trivial. Commercial systems are expensive for good reason.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
            Dear Friends,

            Our domain issue has resolved. Fulldomestore.com is online again.

            Regards,
            Sanyukta Stargazer
          • Mike Hillyer
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
              Oh certainly, but experience has shown that where there's a need, there's
              often an Open Source alternative, which seems to have already been
              presented for alignment, and I was simply anticipating the same for feeding
              in aligned content.

              That said, any recommendations around the commercial options?

              Mike
            • Pete Carss
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 24, 2012
                You should obtain an LDP - which will give you the geometry of each
                projector's view - this can then be fed into real-time, pre-rendered
                environments or slicing tools to give you content to squirt at each
                projector...

                It's not trivial, but not rocket surgery...

                Pete

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 24, 2012
                  ...or is that an LFP - either way it defines the projection geometry...

                  Pete

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 24, 2012
                    That makes sense, any slicing tools you know of?

                    Thanks,
                    Mike