Re: Siggraph BOF

  • Brad Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2004
      Hi Tom and others,

      You and your group may also want to talk with Edwin from Cebas Software,
      as well as the Chaos group at this year's Siggraph. Cebas will be showing
      their Maya connection to FinalRender (http://www.finalrender.com)and Chaos
      Group (http://www.vrayrender.com) have announced a Vray connection for
      Maya. Both of these renders include fisheye cameras that can render
      directly to the dome format. FinalRender also gives you eyepoint offset
      capabilities (for non-center of dome viewing) and direct rendering to
      partial dome formats. We use FinalRender extensively with 3dsMax and had
      some input in it's development. Cebas's head honcho even attended our
      immersive rendering course at last year's Siggraph. I haven't used Vray,
      but I hear it's very good also. Both of these products are fairly early
      in developement for Maya, so now is the time to make your feature requests
      heard.

      --
      Brad Thompson - bthompson@...
      Digital Animation & Design - Spitz, Inc.

      --
      Brad Thompson - bthompson@...
      Digital Animation & Design - Spitz, Inc.
      http://www.spitzinc.com
    • Daniel Ott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2004
        Hello everyone,

        I've been secretly implementing (for my thesis) a set of mental ray lens
        shaders that are designed to be used within Maya, and today, I've decided to
        release them to the community for expanded field testing.

        You can find information along with downloadable source at
        www.vr.clemson.edu/~dott/shaders/domeAFL/.

        If you have any comments or problems with the shaders, I'd like to hear
        them.

        Thanks and enjoy!

        Daniel Ott
        dott@...