Computer rendered material for SkyVision

  • pbourke@swin.edu.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2000
      I recently went through the process of creating some example
      computer rendered animations for the full dome SkyVision system.
      The examples are outlined here
      http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy/pbourke/projection/skyvision/
      The rendering packages used include OpenGL, PovRay, Radiance,
      and RayShade.
    • Kevin Scott
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2000
        RE: [fulldome] Computer rendered material for SkyVision

        Greetings,

        I'm sure you've seen this already, but QuickTime now
        supports full 360 degree cubic views that are backward
        compatible with the old Quicktime pans.  It's all
        part of the new QuickTime 5 platform.

        It would seem to be a nice pre-visualization tool...
        http://www.apple.com/quicktime

        -Kevin Scott
        The Renaissance Center

      • Paul Bourke
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2000
          > I'm sure you've seen this already, but QuickTime now
          > supports full 360 degree cubic views that are backward
          > compatible with the old Quicktime pans. It's all
          > part of the new QuickTime 5 platform.
          > It would seem to be a nice pre-visualization tool...
          > http://www.apple.com/quicktime

          I've written this sort of thing already in OpenGL to view environments
          in our VR theatre (unfortunately it can't ready be done in stereo),
          indeed I was doing cubic environments 10 years ago
          http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy/pbourke/rendering/cuberender/

          Nice to see them add it to QuickTime though!
          ----------------------------
          P a u l B o u r k e

          Astrophysics and Supercomputing
          mailto:pbourke@...