Dome Fest 2004

  • Ed Lantz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2004
      Kudos to David Beining and his friendly staff for hosting the recent Dome Fest in Albuquerque. Also thanks to all the volunteers, vendors and jurors who contributed. Great event, great people, great fun!

      I was deeply impressed with all the talented artists and producers contributing to the fulldome medium. I really got the feeling that this is taking off as a medium in its own right - it's not just a planetarium or a movie theater, it's a new medium altogether.

      As one who has played a part in birthing this medium, I couldn't be more pleased with the direction it is taking. After seeing the trend of planetariums closing and attendance dropping, many of us realized that it would take something more to get folks to leave the living room and visit their local planetarium (more than once in their life). We also realized the power of this medium, if put to full use. With this new crop of young, talented artists entering the field I believe that we're now fully on our way to breathing new life into hundreds of dusty old theaters and inspiring millions (90 million people visit the world's planetariums annually). Together we're reinventing the planetarium to take visitors to the stars and beyond.

      Keep up the good work, folks!

      Ed Lantz
      Visual Bandwidth, Inc.
      ed@...