Re: Solutions for producing fulldome video?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2011
      > -Ladybug multi lens camera... very portable but low rez and I think still 15fps.

      Correct, the LadyBug-3 is 16fps.
      You can improve on that with flow frame interpolation.
      Some examples from video scenes from a current project can be found here
      http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/beachscene_50deg.png
      http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/octagon_camhigh_50deg.png
      http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/octagon_camlow_50deg.png
      http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/machineroom_50deg.png
      Note these won't hang around for too long).
      These are exported as 3000 pixel, real effective resolution is somewhat lower. The nice thing is one can pan as a post process since all 360 is captured.

      There are some other multiple camera rigs, for example you can build your own with 4,5,6 canon eos5D MkII, wide angle lens. If you want to have a single nodal point for perfect stitching then use planar mirrors....as an example see the mirror approach used for "Versailles 360
      http://www.palmela2011.com/news/the-making-of-versailles-360%c2%ba
    • shikhar
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
        Dear Friends,

        We are happy to launch our new show "Enigma" for the Full Dome audience. Enigma is combination of fractals and kaleidoscopic videos with a hearty touch of Music. These videos are specially designed to give a sense of
        warmth and calmness to our puzzled minds.
        Without a dialogue, just with the help of Music and beautiful colors & patterns, this show will go deep in your heart.

        Show specifications are as follows:

        Fulldome Musical

        Duration: 14 min.
        Audience Genre: General
        Resolution: up to 4K for Fulldome version
        Audio: 5.1 Surround Sound (Separate channels available)
        Available Formats: Dome Masters (TGA, PNG), H.264 Mp4, Mpg2, MOV, Digistar Ready.

        You can watch complete show's HD preview at following address:
        http://enigma.aayushianimations.com/

        For Show inquiries, please forward your mail to "contact@..."
        Show details will also be available at Fulldomestore.com

        Regards,
        Shikhar bhatnagar
        Aayushi Animation Studio
      • Jason Fletcher
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
          Thanks for linking the youtube video of Versailles 360. Their mirror camera
          rig is quite interesting and a fresh spin on the matter.

          Does anyone have any more information or experience with creating this type
          of camera rig?

          --
          Jason Fletcher
          Charles Hayden Planetarium

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2011
            Dear Friends,

            We are happy to re-release our show "8 Scoops of the Milky Way" with new and improved narration by Peter Baker. You can watch it's FullDome HD Preview at following link:

            http://8som.aayushianimations.com

            For more details and inquiries, please contact us at "contact@..."

            Regards,
            Shikhar Bhatnagar
            Director
            Aayushi Animation Studio
          • shikhar
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 10, 2011
              Hello,

              Last few days, we are facing some server issues. It came to my notice that due to our server malfunctioning, some of our promotional offer are sent to many people number of times as Spam.  I apologies to all of the members behalf of Full dome store for the inconvenience cause by us.

              Regards,
              Shikhar Bhatnagar
              Director
              Aayushi