Re: Solutions for producing fulldome video?

  • Amr El-Laithy
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2011
      dear Kenneth ,

      james cameron " Avatar " said later in a lecture that you can
      maximize your smoothness and quality of a footage by capturing it in 60 Fps or
      48 , that he test them at 8K resolution with 4K footage and it was V.Good " he
      said " . so i think you can work on it . using 5 cameras techniques or what we i
      call " Fisheyes " :) is a very good techniques specially that you can stitch
      the output images with Pineapple Solution :
      http://pineappleware.undonet.com/sub/stitcher.html

      Good Luck ,

      Amr Ellaithy
      Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor
      Planetarium Post-Production artist

      CULTNAT
      Smart Village
      EGYPT

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , May 31, 2011
        > -Ladybug multi lens camera... very portable but low rez and I think still 15fps.

        Correct, the LadyBug-3 is 16fps.
        You can improve on that with flow frame interpolation.
        Some examples from video scenes from a current project can be found here
        http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/beachscene_50deg.png
        http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/octagon_camhigh_50deg.png
        http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/octagon_camlow_50deg.png
        http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/transient/Carley/machineroom_50deg.png
        Note these won't hang around for too long).
        These are exported as 3000 pixel, real effective resolution is somewhat lower. The nice thing is one can pan as a post process since all 360 is captured.

        There are some other multiple camera rigs, for example you can build your own with 4,5,6 canon eos5D MkII, wide angle lens. If you want to have a single nodal point for perfect stitching then use planar mirrors....as an example see the mirror approach used for "Versailles 360
        http://www.palmela2011.com/news/the-making-of-versailles-360%c2%ba
      • shikhar
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
          Dear Friends,

          We are happy to launch our new show "Enigma" for the Full Dome audience. Enigma is combination of fractals and kaleidoscopic videos with a hearty touch of Music. These videos are specially designed to give a sense of
          warmth and calmness to our puzzled minds.
          Without a dialogue, just with the help of Music and beautiful colors & patterns, this show will go deep in your heart.

          Show specifications are as follows:

          Fulldome Musical

          Duration: 14 min.
          Audience Genre: General
          Resolution: up to 4K for Fulldome version
          Audio: 5.1 Surround Sound (Separate channels available)
          Available Formats: Dome Masters (TGA, PNG), H.264 Mp4, Mpg2, MOV, Digistar Ready.

          You can watch complete show's HD preview at following address:
          http://enigma.aayushianimations.com/

          For Show inquiries, please forward your mail to "contact@..."
          Show details will also be available at Fulldomestore.com

          Regards,
          Shikhar bhatnagar
          Aayushi Animation Studio
        • Jason Fletcher
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2011
            Thanks for linking the youtube video of Versailles 360. Their mirror camera
            rig is quite interesting and a fresh spin on the matter.

            Does anyone have any more information or experience with creating this type
            of camera rig?

            --
            Jason Fletcher
            Charles Hayden Planetarium

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 6, 2011
              Dear Friends,

              We are happy to re-release our show "8 Scoops of the Milky Way" with new and improved narration by Peter Baker. You can watch it's FullDome HD Preview at following link:

              http://8som.aayushianimations.com

              For more details and inquiries, please contact us at "contact@..."

              Regards,
              Shikhar Bhatnagar
              Director
              Aayushi Animation Studio
            • shikhar
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 10, 2011
                Hello,

                Last few days, we are facing some server issues. It came to my notice that due to our server malfunctioning, some of our promotional offer are sent to many people number of times as Spam.  I apologies to all of the members behalf of Full dome store for the inconvenience cause by us.

                Regards,
                Shikhar Bhatnagar
                Director
                Aayushi